Trading quotes from the best traders
“Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.”
– Warren Buffett, 4th richest man in the world
“You get recessions, you have stock market declines. If you don’t understand that’s going to happen, then you’re not ready, you won’t do well in the markets.”
– Peter Lynch, Mutual fund manager
“Speculators without a plan are like a general without a strategy, and therefore without an actionable battle plan. Speculators without a single clear plan can only act and react, act and react, to the slings and arrows of stock market misfortune, until they are defeated.”
– Jesse Livermore, author of Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
“If you diversify, control your risk, and go with the trend, it just has to work.”
– Larry Hite, famous hedge fund manager
Brett N. Steenbarger
“The Journal is a business plan. The right plan, executed faithfully, can be the difference between success and failure in any endeavor.”
– Brett N. Steenbarger, Ph.D. – author of The Psychology of Trading: Tools and Techniques for Minding the Markets , Head of Trader Development at Tudor Investments and blogger at TraderFeed.
Quotes from famous traders
Do you also admire some of these famous traders?
We’ve done our best to build in their philsophies into our tools in Tradebench, so if you want to try them out and see for yourself, go ahead and sign up to get started.
We look forward to serving you.
Some more great trading quotes
“Show me a trader with good records and I’ll show you a good trader.”
– Dr. Alexander Elder, author of several books including Come into my trading room and Trading for a living and partner in SpikeTrade.
“Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas!”
– Paul Samuelson, Nobel prize winning American economist
Jack D. Schwager
“Think about the psychological process involved. At the beginning, the trader fell for the lure of making easy money. When the stock declined to $18, he felt a little anxious. When it fell to $17, he felt the onset of panic. When the stock slid to $15, it was pure panic. When he finally got out, he felt a sense of relief – which is somewhat ironic since he had just lost 70 percent of his money. There’s nothing logical about this process. It’s all an emotional pitfall. Planning where to get out before putting on the trade is a means of enforcing emotional discipline.”
– Jack D. Schwager, author of The Market Wizards series books
“I never use valuation to time the market. I use liquidity considerations and technical analysis for timing. Valuation only tells me how far the market can go once a catalyst enters the picture to change the market direction. The catalyst is liquidity, and hopefully my technical analysis will pick it up.”
– Stanley Druckenmiller, legendary investor and hedge fund manager of Duquesne Capital
William J. O’Neil
“The whole secret to winning and losing in the stock market is to lose the least amount possible when you’re not right.”
– William J. O’Neil, author of several books including How to Make Money in Stocks, inventor of CANSLIM and founder of the national financial newspaper Investor’s Business Daily, which competes with The Wall Street Journal.
“You need a well-thought-out plan which anticipates all potential scenarios to keep you from making impulsive and emotional decisions during market hours. You are being bombarded constantly with new information from peers, television, price action, websites, etc. Trading stocks is a business, and if you want your business to thrive you must have a plan which you execute flawlessly.”
– Brian Shannon, from his book Technical Analysis Using Multiple Timeframes
“Technical analysis is a skill that improves with experience and study. Always be a student and keep learning.”
– John Murphy, author of The Visual Investor: How to Spot Market Trends as well as other books and Chief Technical Analyst at StockCharts.com
Sign up now…
Become a more profitable trader. Cost free.
Join over 40,000 other traders and see what a difference TradeBench will make in your trading!
* To use our tools and all features as much as you’d like for free, all you have to do is click one or two sponsor/partner links per month. We’ll either show the link(s) when you log in and/or send an e-mail (maximum 1 per month) with the link(s).